Who doesn't love a good sheet mask especially ones that are under $5? It has taken me about a year to find the right sheet masks for my skin type but that's because I wanted to find ones that truly work. My skin type is oily normal especially oily in the t-zone area. I have quite sensitive skin, so I try to stay away from products that have a strong smell to them. In the past two months, I've been dealing with a lot of dryness around my mouth, chin, and neck area which has never really happened to me before so I apply a sheet mask twice a week. I favor hydrating sheet masks more than anything especially during the winter months.
Before applying any sheet mask, I highly recommend leaving your masks in the refrigerator for some extra coolness on the face. This will help calm the skin from any previous irritations. In order to get your moneys worth for these one-time use masks, use the rest of serum on your neck and chest. Let your skin soak it up and continue with your regular skincare routine. Make sure you do not wash your face after when you’re done with the sheet mask. If you still have some extra leftovers (who doesn't love leftovers), I would seal it up and save it for a rainy day! I've even seen people squeeze every last drop of the mask and rub it all over their bodies!
Keep on scrolling to see my round-up of my favorite sheet masks from the drugstore! I hope you find something new to try!
1. Elf Hydrating Sheet Mask is one of the better fitting sheet masks on my list and you can get it for BOGO in-store! You can thank me later. I'm only 5 blocks away from an Elf store and I always buy at least one when I visit. The perfect pick-me-up!
2. Kocotstar Slice Mask Sheet is probably the most unique sheet mask I have used so far. Once you open it, you start to smell the auroma. Surprisingly, the scent does not bother my sensitive skin but be careful for those who do not like any scents. Each slice of the sheet mask is about the size of a poker chip that you place all across your face. Mix and match your favorite Kocostar Slice Mask or use individually. Don't forget to take a selfie ;)
3. Simple Water Boost Hydrating Sheet Mask is no surprise to me since I love their other skincare products like their Kind to Skin Facial Moisturizer and Water Boost Micellar Water. It helps reduce the dryness on the skin and makes the skin look dewy. Perfect for all skins types, especially sensitive skin. Plus, no artificial perfume or harsh chemicals!
4. Neutrogena Moisturizing Hydro Boost Hydrating Face Mask is a gel type mask that contains hyaluronic acid. You will immediately notice that the mask comes in two pieces (one for the top of your face and one for the bottom). Gentle apply to your face and remove the white film backing from the mask sheet. This a great mask to put in your refrigerator before applying!
5. Peach Slices Sheet Mask was recommended by one of my favorite Youtubers, Aja Dang. They have six different types of sheet masks depending on what you want to focus on the skin: Brighten, Clarify, Calm, Firm, Hydrate, and Shrink Pores. I have not tried all of them yet but my favorite so far is the Clarify Mask because of the cooling effect. No other sheet mask that I have mentioned in this list, has this kind of effect. Disclaimer: not all CVS stores carry this brand so I would buy online or double check your store availability.
So grab your favorite sheet mask (or one of my favs) and time to unwind! Comment below, what are your favorite go-to sheet masks at the moment?